There are many ways to upcycle old furniture and give it new life. Here are 20 DIY ideas for repurposing old furniture pieces:
1. Turn a dresser into a storage bench: You can remove the top drawers from a dresser, add a cushion to the top, and use it as a storage bench in your entryway.
2. Use a changing table as a bar cart: A changing table can be repainted and accessorized into a stylish bar cart for entertaining.
3. Turn a table into a bench: Remove the table legs and add a cushioned seat to create a unique bench for your home.
4. Upcycle a headboard into a coat rack: Attach hooks to a headboard and hang it on the wall to create a functional coat rack.
5. Use an old desk as a kitchen island: Add casters to the bottom of an old desk and use it as a movable kitchen island with extra storage.
6. Repurpose a ladder into a bookshelf: Old ladders can be mounted on the wall and used as functional and decorative bookshelves.
7. Turn an old TV console into a pet bed: Remove the TV holder and replace it with a cushioned bed to create a cozy spot for your furry friend.
8. Use an unused crib as a desk: Remove one side of a crib and add a top to create a unique and versatile desk.
9. Turn a chair into a planter: Cut a hole in the seat of an old chair and insert a planter to create an eye-catching garden display.
10. Repurpose a dresser into a bathroom sink vanity: Remove the top of the dresser, add a sink and plumbing, and repaint to create a one-of-a-kind bathroom vanity.
11. Turn a coffee table into a game table: Add a checkerboard or chessboard to the top of a coffee table to create a fun and functional game table.
12. Use an old doors as a picture frame: Remove the glass and insert photos to create a unique and rustic picture frame.
13. Use old drawers as wall storage: Paint and hang drawers on the wall to create functional storage for small items.
14. Turn a wooden cable spool into a side table: These spools can be cleaned up and sanded to create a unique and functional side table.
15. Create a light fixture from an old chicken feeder: Clean and paint the feeder and add a pendant light kit to create an industrial-style light fixture.
16. Repurpose a baby crib into a bookshelf: Remove one side of the crib and add shelves to create a fun and functional bookshelf for kids.
17. Use old shutters to make a room divider: Hinge multiple shutters together to create a room divider for added privacy or aesthetic appeal.
18. Turn a wine barrel into a coffee table: Clean and sand an old wine barrel and add a top to create a rustic coffee table.
19. Use an old window as a picture display: Add hooks or clips to an old window and display your favorite photos for a unique and personalized look.
20. Turn an old suitcase into a storage ottoman: Attach legs to an old suitcase, add a cushioned top, and use it as a storage ottoman.
These are just a few ideas for upcycling old furniture pieces. With a little creativity and some elbow grease, the possibilities are endless!