20 DIY Wall Decoration Ideas – Wall decor trends 2023
1. Yarn Wall Art – Cut various yarn strands of different lengths. Using a dowel or a branch, tie double knots on one end of the yarn strands around it to create a hanging tapestry.
2. Embroidery Hoop Wall Art – Stretch fabric over an embroidery hoop and use embroidery floss to create fun designs and patterns.
3. Polaroid Wall Art – Print out polaroid-style photos and clip them onto string using mini clothespins for a personalized wall art display.
4. Ombre Canvas Painting – Paint an ombre effect onto a blank canvas in shades of your choice.
5. Framed Leaf Wall Art – Collect leaves from outside and arrange them in a pleasing pattern before pressing them in a heavy book. Once dry, frame leaves in a picture frame for natural wall art.
6. Geometric Stencil Wall Art – Using a stencil, paint a geometric shape or pattern onto a blank canvas using acrylic paint.
7. Hanging Tassel Wall Art – Create DIY tassels using embroidery thread in various colors. Attach tassels to a dowel or branch and hang for a unique wall hanging.
8. Stamped Canvas Wall Art – Use stamps to create a unique canvas full of patterns or shapes.
9. Vinyl Record Wall Art – Glue vinyl records together and add a clock mechanism for a fun and functional piece of wall art.
10. Gold Leaf Painting – Paint a simple pattern or image onto a canvas and add gold leaf in a unique design for a pop of metallic wall art.
11. Word Art – Use letter stickers or a stencil to paint a word or phrase onto a canvas in a bold font.
12. Color Block Wall Art – Choose two or three colors and paint them onto a canvas in a block pattern.
13. Dried Flower Wall Art – Collect dried flowers or leaves to create a natural and unique wall art piece.
14. Painted Wood Slice Art – Paint designs or patterns onto a series of wood slices and attach to the wall for a rustic wall art display.
15. Laser Cut Wood Wall Art – Use a laser cutting machine to create a unique design out of wood and mount onto the wall.
16. Sequin Wall Art – Use a stencil to create a design onto a canvas and use sequins to fill in the blanks.
17. Fruit Slice Wall Art – Cut out fruit shapes from foam and use paint or spray paint to color them in. Arrange them onto a canvas for a colorful and whimsical display.
18. Puzzle Board Wall Art – Use old puzzle boards and arrange them onto a canvas or poster board. Spray paint the pieces in a gradient or ombre pattern and display on the wall.
19. Paper Rosette Wall Art – Create paper rosettes out of colored paper and attach to the wall in a pattern for a unique and colorful display.
20. Iron-On Transfer Wall Art – Print out an image onto an iron-on transfer sheet and transfer onto a blank canvas using an iron. Paint over the transfer with custom designs and patterns for a unique wall art display.