Here are 20 ways or ideas to get local clients for an interior design business with detailed examples:
1. Network with Local Business Owners: Attend local networking events and meetups, and connect with business owners in your area. You can create partnerships with related businesses like real estate agencies, furniture stores, and home builders. For example, you can partner with a local furniture store to showcase your design skills by staging their furniture in a showroom and gain exposure to their clientele.
2. Attend Community Events: Participating in community events like home shows, street fairs, or charity events, can be a great way to connect with potential clients and showcase your portfolio.
3. Host an Open House: Host an open house in your studio or a residential location that you designed to promote your work to the local community. Invite prospective clients, homeowners, neighbors, and other industry professionals to come and experience your work.
4. Use Social Media Platforms: Establish a social media presence on platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. You can share pictures of your work, share tips and insights about interior design or related topics like home organization.
5. Optimize Your Google My Business Account: Ensure that your Google My Business listing is up to date with accurate information, positive reviews, and high-quality photographs of your work. This will help you rank higher in local search results, making it easier for potential clients to find you.
6. Reach out to Past Clients: Contact past clients who were satisfied with your services and request a testimonial or referral. You may also ask them to post a review on platforms such as Google Reviews, Yelp, or Houzz.
7. Partner with Home Builders: Partner with local home builders and real estate agents to offer interior design services to their clients. You may also offer staging services for homes that are on the market to attract potential homebuyers.
8. Offer FREE Consultations: Offer a free consultation service to prospects. This gives them a chance to meet you, learn about your services, and assess your design style. Plus, this helps establish your expert status in interior design.
9. Run Ads on Facebook and Instagram: Using platforms like Facebook and Instagram to run targeted ads can be an effective way to promote your business locally.
10. Join Local Facebook Groups: Join local community groups on Facebook, engage with the members, and offer valuable insights on interior design topics. Avoid overtly promoting your business in these groups as this can be perceived as spamming.
11. Provide Online Design Services: Offer online interior design services for people who prefer virtual consultations or do not live in your area. This increases your reach and exposure to the whole world
12. Leverage Email Marketing: Create an email list and regularly engage with your subscribers by sharing content that they would find relevant and interesting. This can help foster a relationship with prospective clients who may not be ready to hire you at the moment.
13. Distribute Flyers: Partner with local businesses to distribute flyers advertising your services in their stores or mail boxes. Be sure to offer a compelling value proposition to attract clients. Example: “10% off on your first project” etc.
14. Develop a Referral Program: Develop a referral program to encourage your existing clients to refer their friends, family members, and colleagues to use your services.
15. Collaborate with Influencers: Collaborate with local influencers in the home and design space to showcase your work and increase your brand awareness.
16. Publish Editorial Features: Reach out to local publications and pitch editorial features that showcase your work or expertise. Participate in interviews and expert round-ups to build credibility and gain exposure.
17. Attend Open Houses: Attend open houses hosted by realtors or new home developers; introduce yourself and offer your services to potential clients.
18. Print Advertisements: Place advertisements in local newspaper or magazines. Because this can have a more specific target because they cater to a specific demographic.
19. Offer Unique Decorating Services: Offer unique decorating services. Trying out popular new decorating trends and offering unique services such as themed rooms, eco-friendly designs, or multi-functional spaces.
20. Attend Trade Shows or Industry Events: Attend trade shows or industry events where you can showcase your work and network with other professionals. Stay current on new trends, technologies and materials to keep your work fresh and relevant.