The concept of small bathroom may vary from people to people and even from city to city. Normally a bathroom with area of 16 square feet to 50-60 square feet is termed as small bathroom.
With the growth of urbanization space constraints have been a major issue. So, why not make a small place a better place to live in. We can make your small bathroom look larger and feel larger without adding any square footage with the help of following tips:
- A minor change with the color and lightening systems in the bathroom a lot can change which might look and make your bath room feel larger. For example try using soft and light colors which tend to give illusion of space.
- Use of pedestal sinks is also one of the options as it saves the space. Vanity cabinets below the sinks are cool to look at but they normally require a larger space leaving less room available hence avoid using vanity cabinets as an option.
- Use extra bright lights are an added advantage. Use light above the basins.
- Doors must be designed with lot of thinking as “door swing” must be avoided.
- One should avoid using shelves and hanging racks in fact avoid using anything that that sticks out as this shrinks the space in the bath room.
- Try placing the toilet seats, sinks along one side of the wall to reduce the cost.
- Use larger mirrors to reflect the light and also the pattern.
- Try choosing pastel colored flooring just like pale colored walls.
- Remove any obstructions like frosted glass bath or shower door or even clear glass bath.
- If you are an art lover try decorating the walls with paintings.
- A clean neat bathroom always looks spacious.
Originally posted 2012-08-03 12:01:04.